Guys, does anyone else feel like A is getting lazy? I mean, I know Pretty Little Liars is a complicated show, full of mystery, intrigue, and intense plot
holes. I know that in the intricacies of the show the current Uber A is not the same as the versions of A we have seen in the past. Different people have different styles, yet I can’t help feeling like our current A’s style is just lazy.
This post will toss around Pretty little Liars Spoilers like they’re no big deal, including ones for the Season 6 finale. As per our My Fangirl Life Spoiler Guide, you’ve been warned.
For clarity I will refer to each revealed A by “A-NAME” – e.g. A-Mona. I will refer to the current, unknown A as A-moji, as per Caleb who is the best because he always says what I am critically thinking about this show (but is currently in the doghouse because of that Hanna thing). A-moji’s overuse of emojis is ridiculous and someone had to point it out.
Before I can provide examples & arguments of the decreasing effort A-moji is exerting I am going to set the scene as of the end of Season 6. It will prove to show how confusing everything is and how easy it is to allow laziness to set in…
- We appear to have two separate threats: the individual/group that killed CeCe and the individual/group that wants to find her killer. (I will, from now on, use “Team” in the place of individual/group because that is lengthy and a team can, pathetically, have only one person on it)
- We don’t know which team currently has Hanna (who is obviously dead… not… calm down people).
- We also don’t know which team Mary Drake & Rollins play for… it may seem logical that they want to find CeCe’s killer, being as they are her mother & former lover, but there are no guarantees in this show.
- Sarah Harvey is obviously up to sketchy things but we don’t know what it is in pursuit of. Is she on Team We Killed CeCe? Or maybe Team Find CeCe’s Killer? Or maybe one of the teams is also berating her with emoji filled texts? Or maybe both teams are!
- The emoji texts appear to be coming from the team that wants to find CeCe’s killer but, again, we don’t know who is on that team. (Side Note: I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Mary Drake because only a middle aged mother would use that many emojis so seriously.)
- And the text from A.D. in the finale could be from either team. Is A.D. a killer or a detective???
- And, finally, all of the real life messages and happenings could have been put into motion by either team. The cards at Aria’s parents’ wedding are explicitly asking for the killer by election night, so we can assume that is from Team Find CeCe’s Killer. But why would someone who is relying on you for information cause you to fall down the stairs, like happened to Ali?
Confused yet? I know I am. And in this confusion a lot of things can slide, both accidentally or intentionally. For instance, you can forget to sign your cards. The Old A’s would never have done that. A-CeCe was meticulous about her branding. Leaving the messages open-ended has allowed either team to take credit for the others’ work. And why do work yourself when you can just pretend you did work and instill fear anyways?
And on that topic, do you feel like A-moji has also started taking credit for accidents? Maybe one of the teams did figure out how to hack into the remote control for the loft Hanna’s bridal shower was at… but that seems hard, too hard for someone who uses that many emojis. I would have trusted A-Mona actually did it but this new clown? No way. I think A-moji was smart enough to plant a camera on one of the girls (perhaps in the bow of a present?) and then watch for something bad to happen. As soon as it did (ie Aria catching on fire by accident) A-moji crafted a ‘clever’ text taking credit. All the reward with no work.
But even if you believe that the remote was compromised, how about Ali falling down the stairs??? How did A-moji craft that? It was literally just a girl tripping. I know that Rollins is shady (we all saw it coming, didn’t we? He seemed super sketch… like on top of how sketched out I am by any new character on this show). He could have been involved. Ali loves him and might not want to register how he pushed her. But it really seems more likely to me that her heel caught on the carpet and she just fell. She fell, A-moji heard about it and used superior scrapbooking skills to put together a card taking the blame credit. Again, all the gain with no pain (for A-moji at least).
What do you think? Is A-moji (or whatever the other team is called) in the game? Or is everyone just sitting back and letting things happen, counting on the Liars’ PTSD to set-in and keep them frightened? Perhaps we’ll find out next season, but for now I applaud both teams. You are getting things done without having to do anything, and isn’t that really the dream?
Love & Luck,