2016 is off to a bright shiny start! January has just flown by and we are well into enjoying this new year. But what did we get up to this past month? I’m here to provide you with the highlights in our Month in Review for January 2016. Read on!
FEATURES & MEDIA
Here are all the places we were featured this month, both online and off. Be sure to check them out! If you are interested in working with us in any way in the future, please drop an email to email@example.com.
- Clint, JJ & Tanner – We love interacting with these boys of Bachelor fame on Twitter, and we did lots of that this month.
Here’s what is new on our blog this month. This is where we can welcome new people to the team, announce new content that you can look forward to, let you know what fun events we attended this month, and just generally tell you anything we feel you should know!
- New Look – Kris has spent tons of time in the past month and a half revamping and redesigning our website. Doesn’t it look great? It’s still a work in progress but things are definitely looking much better than they did before! She wrote about the experience in her post New Year, New Look, New Blogging Tips.
- The Bachelor – The Bachelor is back, which means Kris is back to writing her weekly series, Tuesday Walk of Shame. Check it out, Bachelor Nation!
- Pretty Little Liars/Shadowhunters Week – This month we celebrated the premieres of both of these shows with a whole week dedicated to discussing them, and it was so much fun. To read more posts on either of the topics, click the banners below:
- Agent Carter Commentary– Our friend Kristy has continued with her Fangirl Recaps during Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD hiatus by writing about Agent Carter for your enjoyment. Check all of her posts out here.
- My Fangirl Life E-Mail List – We’re launching our e-newsletter this month! Join our email list by clicking the link below. This is a sure-fire way to make sure our updates make their way right to your inbox. We’ll share our regular monthly news as well as some awesome bonus content including fun downloads (teaser: Geeky Valentines will be coming your way soon!).
- Nerd Nite – We attended our city’s January edition of Nerd Nite and it was amazing. Never heard of Nerd Nite? It’s basically a pecha kucha event format, where 3 different speakers come out and give a 20-30 minute talk each on something totally geeky and educational. This specific edition was all about invisibility, squirrel aging, and narrative within Harry Potter. It was a blast. If you’re in Edmonton, you can check out our local Nerd Nite website. If you’re not, you should look into it – there are chapters all over the world… maybe even in a city near you!
- Our Favourite Things – This month we launched a new series which is exactly what it sounds like: we’ll tell you about our favourite things! Check out Kris’s first post in this series Our Favourite Things: Favourite Literary Characters for the backstory.
- Cosplay – It’s the time of year where we figure out our new cosplay plans. And it’s time to get started! I’m going to be working on a new Daenerys dress (sewing courtesy of Justine) and we’re all putting together DC Bombshells costumes, so stay tuned in the coming months for more info on both of those.
- Pinterest – We joined Pinterest a little while ago and I’m not sure we told you all. Check us out and come pin with us here!
THINGS WE ❤️
Read on for all the things we’re loving this month. Anything is fair game!
- Bagged Salads – We like being healthy, but we’re also lazy. Pre-assembled bagged salads provide the best of both worlds!
- WWE Wrestling… apparently? – Turns out Johnny Rico has been right all along and we actually did greatly enjoy watching our first ever wrestling PPV with the Royal Rumble this month. He’s been writing clever wrestling posts for months that we can appreciate even more now. Check them out in his series:
- Harry Potter – Always. KG is currently re-reading the books and Kris is considering the full Pottermore experience.
That’s our January in a nutshell! What did you get up to this month? Share with us in the comments!
KG & the My Fangirl Life Team