As the holiday season comes to a close, we’ve been posting a number of Year in Review articles, but in all that excitement we can’t forget everything that happened this month. Here’s our Month in Review for December 2015. The My Fangirl Life team got up to a bunch of nerdy and exciting things! Here are the highlights:
FEATURES & MEDIA
Here are all the places we were featured this month, both online and off. Be sure to check them out! If you are interested in working with us in any way in the future, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tipsy Verse – Kris did a guest post earlier this month for our friends at Tipsy Verse. Click here to check out Christmas Movie Date Night… With Your Fave Fictional Men
- Gingerbread Sagas – Kris and KG teamed up for a guest post for our friend Rosa over at Gingerbread Sagas. Head on over there to check out Geeky Holiday Traditions With My Fangirl Life.
- Star Wars Media Appearances – With the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kris and KG became media stars! Click the pics below to hear/see some of the interviews.
- Kris and KG were featured on a Star Wars panel with CBC Edmonton Radio
- KG appeared on the 6pm CTV Edmonton News
- Kris was live on the air 3 times on Jack FM in Vancouver, she is now their go-to person for all things fandom related.
- #HarryoftheDay – We recently started a new and fun campaign on Twitter inspired by the Christmas present I gave Kris & KG: a Harry Styles cardboard cutout! See what Harry gets up to with #HarryoftheDay. You can also find us at @Fangirls_Online!
Here’s what is new at our blog this month. This is where we can welcome new people to the team, announce new content that you can look forward to, let you know what fun events we attended this month, and just generally tell you anything we feel you should know!
- Friends of My Fangirl Life – We often talk about our amazing blog friends and how much we love the online community. This month we compiled all our friends into one handy page showcasing a number of people, sites & products we ❤️. Check it out by clicking below!
- Blog Awards – This year we held the first My Fangirl Life Blog Awards to celebrate both our favourite posts and the best posts from 2015. Check them out!
- Star Wars Marathon – A few weeks ago the My Fangirl Life team spent 17 hours at a theatre in a galaxy far far away. We attended a Star Wars marathon of Episodes I-VII to celebrate the release of The Force Awakens. Check out our live blog of the event (I only cried a couple times ?).
- Pretty Little Liars/Shadowhunters Week – We are excitedly awaiting January 12 and the premiere of Shadowhunters and the return of Pretty Little Liars. To get everyone else up to our level of excitement we are going to be featuring both in our Pretty Little Liars/Shadowhunters week! Stay tuned!
THINGS WE ❤️
Read on for all the things we’re loving this month. Anything is fair game!
- Star Wars – Obviously, along with the rest of the world. If you missed it, we had an entire week dedicated to Star Wars this month.
- Family Holiday Fun – Each of us were able to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life to spend a few days relaxing with our families. It was an excellent way to spend the end of the month and prepare us for January and everything 2016 has to offer.
- Sparkles – Because obviously, it’s New Year’s Eve.
- Christmas Mail and Fan Mail – Kris & KG have recently received some strange (but awesome) responses to their holiday mail out. Perhaps there is a post on this to come. Justine also received her first fan mail from Japan for her PrincessBeanySkates blog!
Hope everyone had a festive December!
Thanks for reading!
Justine & the My Fangirl Life Team