Wow, September 2015 has flown by and it’s been an exciting month here at My Fangirl Life. Because we have so many fun things to tell you, we’ve decided to start posting a regular “Month in Review” so we can share exciting features and blog news every four weeks. Read on to find out what is happening in our world!
FEATURES & MEDIA
Here are all the places we were featured this month, both online and off. Be sure to check them out! If you are interested in working with us in any way in the future, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Geeky Loot – Our new friend Christina over at Geeky Loot wrote a feature on us for her blog… you can see it HERE!
- Global TV – We were interviewed at Edmonton Expo while dressed as Disney Princesses, and were featured on our local 11PM news! We emailed the news studio and they have not put a clip up, so we sadly can’t share it with you, but here are some photos we captured instead:
Here’s what is new at our blog this month. This is where we can welcome new people to the team, announce new content that you can look forward to, let you know what fun events we attended this month, and just generally tell you anything we feel you should know!
- New Contributor – We’d like to welcome Erika Brown R.D. to the contributor team as our resident foodie fangirl. She’ll be posting monthly about nutrition and healthy recipes, all with a fandom twist! Feel free to check her first post out, inspired by the fabulous Taylor Swift:
- Monthly Wrestling Post – Our semi-regular contributor Johnny Rico put up the first instalment of his new regular series on wrestling. Check his first post out by clicking below and be sure to come back monthly to see what else he has to say!
- Edmonton Expo – The My Fangirl Life team attended Edmonton Expo on September 25-27, in cosplay of course. We had a blast dressing up, posing for photos, and making connections in our local geek community. Pictures to come soon, but here’s a teaser for you:
- Vendor Shopping Features – We’ve recently come across some amazing geek and fangirl stores in our home province of Alberta, Canada and are working on coordinating a variety of features in the next couple months. Our hope is to help you with ideas for the perfect Christmas gift for everyone in your life. For each of the shops we feature, we’ll share some information about the owner, the inspiration, the products themselves, and how to buy online. We are also hoping to include giveaways and coupon codes so keep watch to get involved!
THINGS WE ❤️
Read on for all the things we’re loving this month. Anything is fair game!
- Fall Fashion – September is the gateway to fall fashion, and we’re loving the sweaters,
hats, and boots that we can now bust out and add to our outfits for that perfect autumn touch.
- The Return of TV – Not that we mind binge-watching on Netflix, but it’s exciting to have all of our favourite shows back on with new episodes each week. Plus, there are all sorts of awesome new shows to check out that could easily become our new favourites (read: Scream Queens)!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes – I am pretty obsessed with these right now. Like, never stop thinking about them obsessed. Good thing I received a few Starbucks cards for my September birthday… I can now afford PSL season!
- Glue Guns – Not sure if you know this, but glue guns are the magic keys to cosplay. I’ve known about how awesome they are for awhile, due to using them for event purposes and to make the belt for my Daenerys cosplay, but Justine just discovered this while working on the detailing for Margaery’s wedding dress. We are all revelling in the genius of hot glue right now.
- Fall Candles – Kris is constantly inventorying our candle stash to see how many are Autumn appropriate. The answer is that there are never enough.
I hope you found this update interesting and helpful!
KG & the My Fangirl Life Team