The other day we posted about our Princess Picnic in the Park, and today it’s my turn to share a recipe. As I was Belle, it was only fitting for me to bring The Beast’s Quiche.
As previously mentioned, this recipe is from The Disney Princess Cookbook, which I bought at Disney World. This was the first time the cookbook was actually used. I’ve had it for a few months now and this was the perfect chance to try out some of the princess recipes.
If you need a refresher of our menu, here it is:
Here’s our picnic recipe for: The Beast’s Quiche!
1 premade frozen 9-inch pie shell
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup cooked broccoli florets
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp pepper
2) Set the pie shell in its pan on a baking sheet. Cover the outer edge of the pie shell with strips of aluminum foil to prevent it from browning too quickly – I thought this step was weird, but did it anyway
3) Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the bottom of the pie shell – there was a lot of cheese at the bottom of the pie shell, perhaps too much?
4) Add the bacon and broccoli.
5) Whisk together eggs, milk and pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture over the other ingredients in the pie shell – the pie shell was really full!
6) Bake the quiche for 15 minutes – when I looked at the quiche at this time it had boiled over, in the future I would try and figure out how to reduce the amounts of some of the ingredients to prevent this.
7) Reduce the heat to 325°F. Remove the aluminum foil from the edge of the shell and continue baking for 25 minutes – be careful, I burnt my finger at this stage!
8) Let the quiche cool slightly before serving.