Welcome to my weekly blog series: Tuesday Walk of Shame. Here I hang my head low as I admit to having watched the previous night’s episode of The Bachelor / Bachelorette / Bachelor In Paradise (or whatever the newest spin-off happens to be) and provide my own personal commentary. I’ll tell you what I loved. I’ll tell you what I hated. And most importantly, I’ll tell you what I would have done differently.
Vote Kris for The Bachelorette… because socially anxious, kinda bitchy, hopelessly unromantic nerds deserve love too.
Did you know The Bachelor franchise has its own library? It’s hard to believe considering half of its contestants appear to be illiterate (How else do they get people to sign up for that train wreck of a show? It has to be because the suckers can’t read what they’re signing), yet we can tell you that number of Bachelor Family authors is in the double-digits.
Now that we’ve piqued your interest I know you are dying to know what these books are. The My Fangirl Life Team has scoured the internet to compile a Bachelor Nation library. Some sound interesting and – dare I say it? – good. Others sound less good… much less good. Some are autobiographical and full of Bachelor dirt. Others are not related to the author’s source of fame at all. Now that we have found all of these potential best-sellers the MFL team is going to attempt to bring you a few book reviews… because we need to let you know which are worth it & which Bachelor books you should skip (leaving more time for Bachelor viewing & internet spoiler searching). Now on to the library:
1. The Perfect Letter by Chris Harrison (Host Extraordinaire)
2. I Didn’t Come Here to Make Friends by Courtney Robertson (The Bachelor Season 16 Winner)
3. Happily Ever After by Trista Sutter (The Bachelorette Season 1)
4. My Reality by Melissa Rycroft (The Bachelor Season 13 “Winner”…except not…)
5. For the Right Reasons by Sean Lowe (The Bachelor Season 17)
6. The Princess of Nowhere by Prince Lorenzo Borghese (The Bachelor Season 9)
7. Don’t Be That Girl: A Guide to Finding the Confident, Rational Girl Within by Dr. Travis Stork (The Bachelor Season 8)
8. Diamonds + Hearts: A Poetic Memoir by Chris Siegfried & Desiree Hartsock (The Bachelorette Season 9 Bachelorette & Winner)
9. The Man Code: A Woman’s Guide to Cracking the Tough Guy by David Good (The Bachelorette Season 5 Contestant)
10. Defend Yourself (In A Zombie Apocalypse) by Sean Ramey (The Bachelor Season 17)
11. The Date Night Cookbook by Meredith Phillips (The Bachelorette Season 2)
12. What a Difference a Year Makes by Bob Guiney (The Bachelor Season 4)
13. Nobody’s Perfect: What to do when you’ve fallen for a jerk but you want to make it work by Helene Eksterowicz (The Bachelor Season 2 Winner) & Gwen Gioia (The Bachelor Season 2 Contestant)
14. Better Single Than Sorry: A No-Regrets Guide to Loving Yourself & Never Settling by Jen Schefft (The Bachelorette Season 3)
15. Final Rose by Shawntel Newton (The Bachelor Season 15 Contestant)
16. Chocolate Socks by Holly Durst (The Bachelor Season 12 Contestant)
17. Cosie’s Closet by Zack Kalter (The Bachelorette Season 9 Contestant)
You’ve seen the vast collection: which ones do you want to read? I can tell you that there are some clear “Yes”s and A LOT of clear “No”s for me. A LOT! Make sure to let us know in the comments which books you want to see reviews on, as well as whether you’ve ready any of these gems yourself. Perhaps you want to do a review of one? Email us at email@example.com to contribute… seriously, that’s one less we have to read… Happy Reading!
Love & Luck,