Hello lovely fanboys and fangirls! Welcome to March. How are you doing? Are you pulling through this typical low point of the year alright? It’s a tricky time; we have been having a bit of trouble lately (as explained in yesterday’s Life Happens… and that’s OK). But we still enjoyed our February 2016 and we hope you did too. Here’s the latest news:
FEATURES & MEDIA
Here are all the places we were featured this month, both online and off. Be sure to check them out! If you are interested in working with us in any way in the future, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More Bachelor Shenanigans – It seems like every month we report on our latest interactions with our (and your and everyone’s) favourite Bachelor contestants. This month is no exception. We had fun showing off our Bachelor-inspired valentines to their subjects, most specifically Clint and JJ. See the convo below:
Here’s what is new on our blog this month. This is where we can welcome new people to the team, announce new content that you can look forward to, let you know what fun events we attended this month, and just generally tell you anything we feel you should know!
- Fangirl Valentines – For the second year in a row, My Fangirl Life designed a selection of valentines specifically for fandom-loving fanboys & fangirls. Featured fandoms included Star Wars, Harry Potter, One Direction, 5SoS, Disney, and more! We then mailed out both the 2106 Valentines and the 2015 Valentines to all of our friends. They were definitely appreciated!? Do you want a copy of these beauties for next year? Then check out the next point!
- My Fangirl Life E-Mail List – Did you know that we have an e-newsletter? You can get awesome fangirl updates right to your inbox! And as an added bonus, signing up gives you access to free downloads, including printables of all of our Valentines! Join our email list by clicking the link below.
- New Pages – We added two new pages to the site this month! First was a Contact Page. On it you’ll find links to all of our social media, a button to sign up for our email list, and a contact form. Make sure to drop us a line if you are interested in our content, collaborating, or just want to talk. ? The second new page is the My Fangirl Life Photo Gallery. Here you’ll find links to each of our photo-filled posts, including trip pics, cosplay photos, concert galleries, and promotional photo shoots! ?ﾟﾘﾍ?
- Taking Orlando by Storm! – Last month we relived our 2015 vacation to Orlando, Florida. We love blogging about our trips, both for your enjoyment as a reader and as a travel diary for us, but couldn’t find the time to do it during (or after) our February 2015 vacation to Walt Disney World and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Creative Solution: Put up posts about it a year later! You can find links to daily diaries for all 9 days of the trip, as well as photo gallery of all of the theme parks we visited, in the post Living in a Theme Park: Last Year’s Fangirl Quest to Orlando.
- Justine’s Birthday – February marks the birth of a member of our My Fangirl Life Team: Justine! We made sure to celebrate with an escape room during the day, with cupcakes, presents, Smash Bros, and Harry Styles in the evening, and with an excellent party with many of our favourite people at night!
- Instagram –
THINGS WE ❤️
Read on for all the things we’re loving this month. Anything is fair game!
- Leo’s Oscar – Any of our regular readers will know that Justine is a HUGE Leonardo DiCaprio fan, so naturally she’s still celebrating his big Oscar win. And honestly, so are the rest of us. He deserves it, plus that video of him watching it being engraved almost makes up for the loss of the classic Leo Crying About Not Having an Oscar memes.
- Outdoor Skating – All three of us on the My Fangirl Life Team grew up as figure skaters and we still love getting out on the ice an chance we get. Our hometown has had unusually warm weather this month so we took advantage by hitting up a lovely river-side outdoor rink. With the sun shining down we have filmed some awesome videos!
- Zombies – We know the whole world loves zombies but we found our February particularly zombie-filled. First, we saw Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and it was AMAZING!!!! I honestly feel like ti is the movie I’ve been waiting for my whole life: a classic love story, witty dialogue, beautiful period dress, but with a supernatural aspect and kickass fight scenes! Then KG & Johnny Rico started watching the Walking Dead and KG, Johnny Rico & I started watching Z Nation (because we obviously need a show to binge-watch in all possible friend combinations). Finally, I started the 10K training challenge on my Zombies Run! app, so I have been doing many undead-filled runs lately.
- Positive Thinking – We get it: February is hard… and so is March. It’s easy to get in a negative spiral, so we are actively trying to always think positive thoughts! What’s our tip for getting through? Think of 5 good things. If you need ideas, I posted some 5 of my go-to’s in our February High Five!
- WWE Wrestling… TOTALLY! – We admit it, Johnny Rico has been right all along. In January we admitted that the Royal Rumble PPV was enjoyable, but February has brought about a whole new level of wrestling love. After watching the Fastlane pay-per-view event we were hooked on the drama and intrigue of the carefully crafted storylines. Confession: We now watch the weekly Monday night showing of WWE Raw.
And that’s February 2016! What did you get up to last month? What are your plans for March? Share with us in the comments!
Kris & the My Fangirl Life Team