Today’s a special day! It’s the day we celebrate Leonardo DiCaprio’s 41st birthday. Happy Birthday Leo! I have loved you for 18 years ❤️ .
In celebration of this day, I want to talk about a bit of a sensitive subject when it comes to Leo: the fact that he has yet to win an Academy Award. There’ve been 5 nominations and a handful of times that he simply wasn’t nominated (seriously, total snub for Titanic! I’m still not over that one!). But this year he’s getting another chance…
Later this year The Revenant, starring the one-and-only Leonardo DiCaprio, comes out. This movie looks intense, and like total Oscar bait (check out the trailer if you haven’t already). I’m not the only one who thinks he might win this year; he is currently one of the front runners. Could this be the year?? Could Leo finally get his Oscar?? Only time will tell. In the meantime I offer my 10 reasons why I think Leonardo DiCaprio is going to win an Oscar this year.
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because The Revenant is directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu who WON multiple Oscars last season with Birdman. That has to be a good sign. Could he have back-to-back Oscar hits?? And as Birdman didn’t win the Oscar for Lead Actor, an Iñárritu movie still needs to win that one. Will it be Leo?
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because his birthday falls at the beginning of One Direction week here on My Fangirl Life. That has to be a good sign, right? His birthday falls in the same week Made in the AM is going to be released!
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because they just announced there’s going to be a Titanic AMUSEMENT PARK! If you haven’t already heard about it, the new 20th Century Fox World is coming to Dubai in 2018. Can I book my ticket yet?? I’ll be there! Leo and Titanic in the news is always a good sign to me 💙.
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because The Revenant was WAY overbudget. No expense was spared making this film. They were filming in Canada but had to move to Argentina for a week due to lack of snow up north. They just up and moved production the length of North America. A movie like that deserves award show praise.
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because we recently discovered he has a Swedish doppelganger. Seriously, the resemblance is spot on. What a pair of hunks!
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because Obama just rejected the Keystone XL pipeline and Leo was very excited by the fact. Plus he deserves some sort of an award for all the work he’s done for the environment and demanding climate change action.
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because it seems EVERYONE has figure skating programs this season to music from a movie he’s starred in. Plus a number of these programs have Leo voice-overs at some point during them. The best two are Elena Radionova’s Freeskate to Titanic and Moore-Towers and Marinaro’s Freeskate to Romeo & Juliet.
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because he underwent his most dramatic physical transformation to date for this role. He has dirty, stringy hair, tortuously chapped lips and bad teeth. Leo also tousled a bear, was buried in dirt and submerged in freezing cold mud and rain all for the sake of this film. If that doesn’t deserve an Oscar I don’t know what does!
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because Kate Winslet is going to be in attendance (and potentially nominated herself for Steve Jobs?). Can you just imagine how happy she would be? I’m sure it would all make me cry. Leo & Kate Forever ❤️.
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because he slept inside a dead animal and ate raw bison liver for The Revenant. Seriously, that is some dedication to a role. Leo has described it as one of the most unique film-going experiences that audiences have seen in modern times. He threw himself all in; pulling out everything he can for this film. He wants it!
- Leo is going to win an Oscar this year because THE INTERNET REALLY WANTS HIM TO! Seriously, google Leo + Oscar and the results are hilarious. I can’t even imagine how tumblr might explode if he actually wins.
Oops, I ended up with 11 reasons. Now it’s going to be another few months before we know what happens. But I’ll be ready. Leo I’m cheering for you! Oh, and Happy Birthday Leo! You’re still my #1 😍!
I know I’m not the only one rooting for Leo. Leo fangirls identify yourself in the comments.
– Justine Alyssa
Want to read more? Click the banner below!