The My Fangirl Life team was away this past weekend attending the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo that takes place a 3 hour drive south of home for us. It was an absolute blast and we had so many random adventures. And of course, we attended in cosplay – more to be shared about that in future posts.
Those of you who have been following us for awhile may know that I am a relatively new cosplayer. In fact, this weekend was the first time I actually wore planned cosplay outfits (my previous ones included Nick Fury and George R. R. Martin). I’ll write some more about experiencing my first planned cosplay weekend in the weeks to come, but for today I’d like to share with you my personal favourite moments of Calgary Expo, in no particular order.
1) Finding someone dressed as Joffrey and doing a photo shoot in our Game of Thrones outfits. Why would anyone cosplay Joffrey? He’s the worst.
2) Seeing Neil Patrick Harris’s face in real life.
3) The joy of young girls as we greeted them with “Hello, your majesties” while dressed as Disney princesses.
4) Direct quote from Jason Momoa (aka Khal Drogo) during his panel: “The series wouldn’t have lasted if I lived. I cross the sea, kill everyone, put her ass on the throne. Bob’s your uncle”.
5) Fawning over Gaston as Disney Princesses.
6) Bringing my dragon, Drogon, out with us to the bar on Game of Thrones day, because obviously Dany wouldn’t leave him behind.
8) Staring at the back of Lana Parrilla’s head at the bar. We also saw her in side profile. So darn beautiful.
7) How impressed people were by our business cards. Fancy, right?
If you attended, what did you think? Let us know in the comments!